||23rd, 24th and 25th of May 2012
||Maranatha Hall, Honiara, Solomon Islands
The Pacific Psychosocial Forum is a bi-annual event facilitated by the Mandala Foundation that aims to advocate for and enhance psychosocial awareness and systems of staff care and community support throughout the Pacific region. In 2012, the three-day forum will be held in the Solomon Islands and will focus on the theme of ‘Enabling resilience in a crisis’.
The Foundation is working closely with a local planning committee to ensure that the program’s topics, content, format and facilitation of the Forum addresses local and regional priorities in the Pacific.
The Forum program is arranged in to three main streams, addressing country, organisational and community level strategies and approaches.
|Three Day Program Overview:
Day 1: Crisis issues & stories
Day 2: Principles, policies & practices for enabling resilience
Day 3: Maximising and mobilising community resources & networks
|Key Topics Include:
- Psychosocial principles enabling resilience and supporting recovery from crises
- Organisational policies and practices that enable resilient responses to crises
- Effective psychosocial responses to crises in the Pacific
- Strengths and gaps in community responses during crises
- Supporting community members with diverse needs during a crisis
|Program Features Include:
- Local, regional and international speakers
- Choice of program streams - country, organisation and community
- Local, regional and organisational networking opportunities
- Seminars, small workshops and case study discussion